Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Fly, Bird


I’ve moved around too much
Five places in just under a year
And it’s hard
It’s damn hard
The organizing
The packing
The borrowing, the money
The moving
::I’m bone tired::
The unfamiliar scenes
The kooky house guests
Always coming and going
The paranoiac slumbers ‘cos home
Doesn’t feel like home when you’ve
Only been there for a week. . .
A month. . .
Six months. . .
The center of your chest hollows out
And the hollowness – hurts
It weighs in the slow movement
Of time’s heavy hands


And the streets are unforgiving
And the many strong
And the many weak
Among the streets
They move in infectious parasitic parades
They NEED to compete and win it all
Like the goddamn lottery
I was told at a young age,
A VERY young age
That if I dreamt big enough
I too could have it all
But momma never told me
About the million sad faces
Dying in the gutters
                     with nothing but their dreams

                     which have 
                                      broken
                                          beside 
                                                  them. 

3 comments: